Other places to find legal help and information:
There are a variety of discounted and pro bono programs to aid Missourians. Some are funded by state and federal funds such as the four Legal Services programs, while others are affiliated with local organizations and charities. The Missouri Bar Access to Justice Committee works to locate these various agencies and share information on these resources, helping connect those in need of a lawyer who cannot afford one. For a list of discounted & pro bono services, click here.
Need to find and hire an attorney? The Missouri Bar is here to help. Use our free Lawyer Search to find a lawyer in good standing who is currently accepting new clients. You can search by areas of practice and location (city or county). This free feature will help you find a list of lawyers who have indicated that they are accepting new clients in various areas of the law. Included in the listing for these lawyers, you will find office addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and links to their firms’ websites. To conduct a lawyer search, click here.
Additional Legal Resources:
The Representing Yourself website by Missouri’s Courts is designed to provide information, resources and forms for those involved in family law matters in the state of Missouri.
Missouri Bar Public Resources: In today’s increasingly complex society, a basic understanding of legal issues is more important than ever. Through educational programs, publications, and more, The Missouri Bar helps citizens throughout Missouri understand and navigate the legal system.
Missouri Bar Legal Topics: Free resource guides, brochures and forms on a variety of legal topics which contain practical information written by Missouri lawyers who have knowledge and experience in different aspects of Missouri law. The information on this website is provided as educational material about the laws and legal system. It does not constitute legal advice. Because each person’s circumstances are unique, please contact an attorney for specific legal advice before making decisions that involve the law.
Need help with food, clothing, shelter, medicine or other services?
- United Way 2-1-1 Missouri: United Way 2-1-1 is your 24/7 connection for resources and agencies near you. This listing includes most counties in Missouri.
- United Way 2-1-1 Greater Kansas City: United Way 2-1-1 is a free and confidential service that connects people to everyday needs. This listing includes 16 counties in Missouri.
- Public Resources Directory by County: An extensive listing of resources available to Missouri citizens at the local, state and federal level.
Other helpful resources:
- Annual Credit Request Service : The only free credit report available annually per federal law from all three major credit reporting bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion).
- Division of Workforce Development in the Department of Economic Development Career Centers : The Division provides services for businesses and job seekers through the Missouri Career Centers at https://jobs.mo.gov/.
- Family Support Division of the Missouri Department of Social Services -Contact Your Local DSS Office: The Family Support Division of the Missouri Department of Social Services helps families with child support issues, food stamps, health care, blind services, income issues (TANF), shelter services and other needs based services.
- Missouri Affordable Housing Locator provided by the Missouri Housing Development Commission
- Missouri Attorney General’s Office Consumer Complaints Division
- Missouri Centers for Independent Living
- Missouri Commission on Human Rights
- Missouri Community Action Agencies
- Missouri Courts
- Social Security and Disability: Social Security delivers a broad range of services online, such as Benefits for People with Disabilities, and through a nationwide network of more than 1,400 offices that include regional offices, field offices, card centers, teleservice centers, processing centers, hearing offices, the Appeals Council and state and territorial partners.
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline
- National Immigration Legal Services Directory